Wednesday, November 3, 2010

HOMEMADE PLAYDOUGH

Ok my first post.. finally!  I have been thinking about doing this for a while... so here goes....!!  (Thanks Dale!)


This is a quick and easy recipe for playdough!  It makes up in about 10 mins.  You can even get your older kids to help make it.  My two and a half year old loves helping in the kitchen and this was a great on to make with him. 

Here is what you will need: 


Ok so I will also list the amounts too!
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 cup water (I used warm water)
1 tablespoon cooking oil
food coloring (whatever color you choose)

So first you want to mix all the dry ingredients into a pot (for the stove top). 


Then in another bowl mix together the water, cooking oil and food coloring.  (The original recipe calls to add the food coloring after but this will make it less messy for your hands.. especially if you want to make blue!)
Then mix the wet with the dry.
Put the pot on medium heat.. (not too hot cause it will burn).  And then get a stirrin'!  Constantly... keep stirring!!!  It does get harder to stir when it comes into a ball form.  This is what it looked like when I took it off the heat.  (ok.. who am I kidding.. my arm was getting sore and I couldn't do anymore, hahaha!)


When it is cool, knead it on countertop to adjust color.  You can add more food coloring if it isn't the color you wanted... we wanted orange and it came out pink!

Now get the kids (if they aren't already helping) and get playing!!!


Don't forget to seal it in an airtight container so it doesn't dry out!


Have fun with this recipe!!!
Cheers!

1 comment: